Customized Group Training
Our Customized Group Training class is an hour long class that incorporates strength and skill exercises in conjunction with conditioning workouts of varying lengths of moderate to high intensity, rounded out with brief recovery work and stretching at the end.
Fitness standards indicate a strength capacity that is appropriate for loading beyond body weight and a movement capacity that is mostly free of limitations. Intermediate progressions continue to increase loading and technical difficulty while introducing more complex movements such as cleans, plyometrics, and inversions.
Our beginning strength progressions start without loading and eventually progress to increase loading and technical difficulty once your capacity to perform a given number of quality repetitions at a set weight has been met.
The Customized Group Training class is appropriate for those with a beginner/ intermediate level fitness that would like to improve their movement quality and capacity. This class would also work well for individuals with more advanced fitness levels as a recovery day workout.
Our clients benefit from the motivational aspect of training in a group environment, while also receiving the individual attention need to elevate performance. In other words, there are no "cookie cutter" workouts at 4Balance Fitness! This is the secret to our success. It's also one of the reasons (no matter how hard other gyms try) it's impossible to duplicate us! There is only one 4Balance Fitness and if you're looking to take the next step in your fat loss journey, we are the gym for you!
Our BEAST TRAINING program stays try to the General Physical Preparedness (GPP) methodology and tenets of CROSSFIT. Our goal is for our athletes to become as proficient as possible in the 10 general principles of fitness that CROSSFIT embraces: Agility, Accuracy, Cardiovascular Endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination and Balance. Our focus is technique, consistency, intensity and our programming adheres to these facets of training and they exist symbiotically. Without consistency, there can be no increase in intensity. Without the intensity of focus on technique, consistency will struggle. With a consistent application of technique and intensity, we will raise your level of fitness.
Want to become more proficient with the snatch? No?
Perhaps you’re interested in competing in a CrossFit Competition? No?
Do you want to squat, deadlift and press? Yes?
Awesome! We are starting a club just for you.
If you are intimidated by the idea of performing some of the more advanced Olympic lifts and learning how to muscle up in a competition environment, you are not alone. The course is designed to accommodate a wide range of experience levels, is the prerequisite for participation in BEAST (if you ever want to do those snatches and cleans), and is recommended for those interested in doing more strength training than burpees.
The 4B Barbell Club will provide comprehensive instruction on:
- How to safely and efficiently perform the principal barbell lifts;
- How to use adaptations/variations of these movements to identify and address liabilities clients may have with either the specific phases or required positions of each movement;
- How these exercises effectively incorporate such elements into a sport-specific strength and conditioning program.
The 4B Barbell Club includes:
- A proficiency/mobility assessment
- A comprehensive technique review of each of the major barbell lifts
- Upon completing the course, clients are eligible to participate in 4Balance's Beast Training Program.
- The 4B Barbell Club provides participants with a formal framework participants can use to:
- Improve their proficiency with each of the principal barbell Lifts
- Safely and effectively incorporate Power and Speed Specific Training into their Strength Routine.
- Because the seminar uses the same general cues and instruction methodology featured in 4Balance's Beast Training Program, participants can seamlessly transition to the Beast Training Program without any loss of fidelity.
This class is an 8-week course where we teach kids from 6 to 11 years of age the importance of eating right and working out.
- There are several reasons it is important to get kids in the gym at a younger age including but not limited to:
- Kids who exercise are more likely to keep exercising as an adult.
- Exercise helps kids achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- Regular physical activity helps build and maintain strong, healthy muscles, bones and joints.
- Exercise aids in the development of important interpersonal skills—this is especially true for participation in team sports.
- Exercise improves the quantity and quality of sleep.
- Research shows that exercise promotes improved school attendance and enhances academic performance.
- Kids who exercise have greater self-esteem and better self-images.
- Participating in regular physical activity prevents or delays the development of many chronic diseases (e.g., heart disease, diabetes, obesity, hypertension) and promotes health.
- Children who are active report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression and a better overall mood.
- Exercise helps improve motor coordination and enhances the development of various motor performance skills.
If you are in search of a specialized program tailored to your specific needs as an athlete or average joe just looking to get stronger or lose body fat, personal training is your best opportunity. While our group coaching program is designed to meet the needs of our large and varied community, when it comes to achieving specific goals, nothing beats private coaching.
Whether you’re looking to lose weight, increase strength, improve technique, prepare for an event, or just prefer a more personal setting, an individually designed program equates to faster results.
Personal Training is an amazingly effective and efficient way to achieve your individual fitness goals. Your coach will work with you to identify and clarify your fitness goals, assess your movement, and design a program specifically targeted at improving your deficiencies and optimizing your strengths, thereby enabling you to achieve your goals as quickly as possible. Your coach will guide you through each session.
Your private coaching experience will be tailored to your specific needs, and will include:
- Mobility exercises to improve and restore joint range of motion
- Skill-based warm-up to prepare for specific movement patterning
- Address any areas where you want to see increased proficiency
- Strength and conditioning exercises chosen to specifically achieve your goal
- Post-workout recovery techniques
- Nutritional guidance
- Health, wellness, and lifestyle support